Why Should I Choose Woven Polypropylene Over Paper for My Bagging Needs?
When the time comes to choose the type of packaging and bags for your product, you probably have many questions. What style, size, and type of bag do I need? Should I use a paper bag or a woven polypropylene bag? Which type of bag is going to be stronger and which type of bag will save me money?
Over the last few years, there have been many improvements in the manufacturing process of woven polypropylene bags. These advances have made woven polypropylene a better option when considering the material to use as a bag. In the below, we will be highlighting some of these improvements and why woven polypropylene bags are a better option than paper bags.
Technological Advances in Woven Polypropylene Bag Printing
- Up to 6 color printing is available on both sides and in the gusset on woven polypropylene bags.
- Print quality on woven polypropylene is now equal to print quality on paper.
Slip Level Improvements in Woven Polypropylene Bags compared to Paper Bags
- New technology in anti-slip coatings for woven polypropylene bag manufacturing. A near identical slip level to paper can be achieved.
- The slip angle refers to the angle at which the bag will start to slip when placed on top of another bag made of the same material, under standard testing conditions.
What advantages does this new technology bring to woven polypropylene bags vs. paper bags?
- Quality printing capabilities that equal the print quality of a paper bag
- Near identical slip level to paper, which contributes to the proper stacking of filled bags
- Less expensive than paper
- Woven PP bags can retain their shape when fully loaded
- Perfect for dry, flowable products
- Ability to be produced in a wide range of sizes
- Extra tear resistance over paper bags
- Stronger than paper
- More weather resistant than paper
- Woven Polypropylene bags are fully recyclable
Here are Some of the Many Solutions We Offer to Our Customers For Woven Polypropylene Bags
- Custom sizing
- Stocking programs
- Custom printing and colors
- Graphic design services
Our optional warehousing/stocking program keeps your items in stock and available for shipping as needed, without taking up space on your warehouse floor. We monitor our woven polypropylene bag inventory levels, order patterns and lead times to further ensure that stock is available when you need it. Inventory reports are sent to keep you informed of current stock.